Saturday, December 7, 2013

Are we too caught up?

Sometimes, I pause and listen to what's being said around me, and I think to myself... Do we even know what we're saying?

We learn all these cool things and names and words like Maranatha and Jehovah Rapha and El Roi and Elohim and Rhema and it's all very nice and all but..

How often do we get caught in what we know?

I'd like to think I'm self aware enough to recognize that I do. Someone says God is Alpha and Omega and my little head goes OH I KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THAT! IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BEGINNING AND END OF THE ALPHABET GUYS!!! (If you ask I'll explain but otherwise it's not entirely so important.)

We learn something really cool about God and our first instinct is to tell everyone. "Guys. Did you know God is like _______?" "I got this cool revelation!"

That's very nice of everyone to share. Sharing is good. But do we spend time thinking about what we know? Or seeking to know more?

We cry out, God I want more of you! But can we say we have found satisfaction in where we are right now without needing our lives to constantly be in change?

I'm not writing from an innocent standpoint.

You sit there and go God who are you? Why would you even talk to me, I'm so lowly... And slowly you feel like God loves you and the concept that God could love a little screw up like you and even knowing everything you've done wrong be ok with it... Well. It's exciting.

So what do you do with that sudden revelation?

Do you sit with it? Do you meditate on the words He just said? This thing that you now know? I'm using the above concept merely as an example. My question extends beyond, to any sudden discovery. The pastor says something one sunday morning and "OH I NOW KNOW THIS THING" and next you know it, you're sharing it at home group and you're talking about it with your parents the next time they call to check on you and your family.

But then what happens to the concept a week later?

What are we taking from what we know, really?

Are we taking the precious fire and holding it close to our hearts, or are we waving it around like a torch in a rainstorm?





That's it. That's all. Just that question. Ask yourself. Think about it. Really think about it. Pray about it. And if God talks to you or you figure something in the bible out this week, pay attention to what you do with that.




~Silver



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry you have to fill out that box verification thing. I hate it too. But I have had more spam comments asking for credit card info than I would like to leniently allow :/

It is a sad, mediocre world we live in. BUT THANKS FOR COMMENTING! You are sunshine :)